Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Andy the Puppy Movie, a Masterpiece


ANOTHER GREAT SHORT FILM BY LOCAL WALLY PRODUCTIONS!
I just watched The Godfather for the first time.  Really, I did.  It's quite the masterpiece, I especially liked the horse head in the bed (man, that guy must be a sound sleeper not to notice someone slipping a giant decapitated horse head down by his feet) and Marlon Brando is like Superman - you can shoot him 5 times in the chest and he's OK! 

Of course the movie is not without flaws.  For one, it's too long.  Two, I didn't get why the silly looking people on the planet protecting the tree trusted the obviously fake version of themselves - wait, that was Avatar, one of the worst movies ever made.  Anyway, too long, yes, way too long.  So when I went out to make my movie inspired by The Godfather, I said "3 minutes, that's it".  That's right, 3 hours of prime puppy footage edited down to 2:54.  I cut out the squirrel head scene, which was quite powerful but obviously just pandering to the audience. 

I think it's pretty good, pretty pretty good.  Perhaps not as good as The Godfather, but from what I've heard it can't be any worse than The Godfather III. And way better than Avatar, for sure.

No comments: